This year's Big Bad Wolfe Run will be accepting donations to fight poverty in our community through United Way of Central Ohio. United Way fights for basic needs, good jobs, strong neighborhoods and student success for all. When you give to United Way, you give to poverty-fighting programs at 39 local agencies that help people in crisis overcome barriers to escape poverty.
Did you know that 1 in 3 Franklin County residents lives in a household that can’t meet basic needs without assistance? Or that 1 in 4 Franklin County children lives in poverty? When you become a Hand Raiser for United Way, you're joining the fight to change community conditions that cause poverty to exist and persist – making a difference not just for today, but for tomorrow too.
Hand Raiser Incentive Levels
As a "thank you" to those doing extra work and serving as a Hand Raiser, United Way of Central Ohio and Columbus Running Company have worked together to set incentive levels to give you something to shoot for! Hand Raisers can earn:
- Level 1 – Raise $50 and you will have your choice of a United Way Mesh Cap or United Way PopSocket
- Level 2 – Raise $100 and you will earn a United Way 23oz BPA-Free Sports Water Bottle
- Level 3 – Raise $250 and you'll get a United Way Duffle Bag!
- Level 4 – Raise $500 nets you a United Way Bluetooth Speaker AND a refunded race registration fee. Please note: registrants who set up a fundraiser will need to select a checkbox indicating that they want the refund if they reach this level.
- Level 5 – Raise $1,000 will get you a $100 Columbus Running Company gift card
Prize levels are cumulative (ie, if you raise $300 you get levels 1, 2, and 3!). All donations received by Monday, September 24 will count toward the special prize that will be awarded to the top fundraiser on event day.
Join United Way of Central Ohio and help fight poverty in our community.